Block of the Month
The 2013 Block of the Month is taken from the book "Tales of First Ladies" by Eleanor Burns.
- This book has directions for blocks in 6" and 12" sizes. There are 6 pieced blocks and 2 appliqued blocks, plus an appliqued center. There are many possible variations for setting the blocks.
- The cutting and sewing directions are well illustrated, which is helpful to all of us, but especially beginners. There is a gallery of quilts in the back of the book to give you ideas for settings and fabric choices.
- The 12" blocks can be done with fat quarters. The 6" blocks can be done with fat eighths or a layer cake (10" squares).
- You can use one background fabric or a scrappy combination. The book lists fabric requirements for blocks and settings.
- The quilt can be finished anywhere from 40" x 40" to 94" x 104".
Patterns for the 2007 Block of the Month are located on the block of the month archive page.